Jofra Archer lambasts English daily for ‘putting out an article without knowing the facts’ | Cricket News
Archer had a minor operation on his troublesome right elbow earlier this month but the procedure is unlikely to harm his chances of selection for the Ashes series against Australia, as reported by the British daily the Telegraph.
The Telegraph also reported that Archer had travelled to Belgium for the procedure.
But the article didn’t go down well with Archer as he took to Twitter to vent out his frustration.
“Putting out an article without knowing the facts & without my consent is crazy.
Who ever the reporter is shame on you , an already worrying and troubling time for a player and you exploit it for your personal gain, it’s people like you that are the problem.”
Archer has already returned to action in the Indian Premier League (IPL) after sitting out four matches. His coach at the Mumbai Indians, Mark Boucher, said on April 8 that the 28-year-old had picked up a “little niggle”.
Archer has made two appearances for Mumbai this season, picking up two wickets. He was rested for Tuesday’s defeat to Gujarat Titans but could return against Rajasthan Royals on Sunday.
Archer, who picked up 22 wickets for England in the 2019 Ashes, has not played a Test since February 2021 due to elbow and back injuries. He made his comeback after 17 months out in late January.
Sussex head coach Paul Farbrace said last month Archer was unlikely to play any red-ball matches before the Ashes.
The opening Ashes Test will be held at Edgbaston from June 16.
(With Reuters inputs)